20120531

FATIMA AL QADIRI - GSX REMIX EP



Well well well, tie me up and pleasure me sideways!

I first came across Fatima Al Qadiri around last November through the release of her debut EP Genre-Specific Xperience, which absolutely blew me away. FAQ is kind of a continuation of the whole M.I.A exploration of the digital world but with less false promises and selling-out.

Genre-Specific Xperience was like nothing I'd heard before as it clashed together deep electronic beats with abrasive organ chords and warped soundscapes. I can only really suggest that you listen to understand what on earth I am on about, which you can do here.

This mind-blowing EP has now received the remix treatment from a collection of genre-bending artists which made me rub my eyes in disbelief when I read the line-up: Dubbel Dutch, Nguzunguzu, Dutch E Germ, Kingdom, Girl Unit, Ikonika and DJ Rashad.

If you are looking for new music that doesn't conform then you are in the right place.

Fatima Al Qadiri's Genre-Specific Xperience Remix EP is out now on UNO Records, so stop whatever you are doing and bag yourself a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cheers for the comment me dears!