20120725

COCOROSIE - WE ARE ON FIRE EP



After the astonishing album Grey Oceans, CocoRosie have now released new material on Touch and Go records in the form of a 2 track 7" EP called We Are On Fire. 

On the title track the sisters seemed to have entirely left the twinkling childhood innocence of previous records Noah's Ark and The Adventures of Ghosthorse and Stillborn, and evolving from the tortured soul-searching of their latest album Grey Oceans they have ended up strutting around in some red velvet covered late-night lounge.

It kind of reminds me of Esthero circa 2005... I'm not sure how I feel about this.

The second track "Tearz for Animals" features Antony Hegarty laying down his distinctive soulful and mourning vocals. This track seems a lot more like a natural progression for CocoRosie's previous sound and it pleases me greatly. Antony, Bianca and Sierra all in one makes for a very happy Coco.

So "We Are On Fire" has left me confused but "Tearz for Animals" has salvaged this to form a borderline sublime release.

I am on the edge of my metaphorical seat  for the subsequent album.

Video for We Are On Fire:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Cheers for the comment me dears!